Find the help you need as you take your interview with tips, tech support, and more
Troubleshooting Video Interview Technical Problems
For problems with your test recording, skip ahead to resolve issues with your test recording.
For other issues, follow this step-by-step guide. If these steps do not resolve your issue, consider other options.
1) Make sure you have Adobe Flash installed
Adobe Flash version 10 or higher is needed for your video camera to work properly.
- Check which version of Adobe Flash you have installed on your computer.
- If you don’t have Adobe Flash installed, you can download it here.
2) Check that your browser is not blocking Flash
Many browsers restrict access to Flash until given explicit permission to use your camera, microphone, and play recordings.
If you have installed Flash but your interview says Responding requires Adobe Flash version 11 or greater to be installed, click on the Secure button in your browser's address bar and verify you allow access to Flash. In Chrome, you will have to change Ask (default) to Always allow on this site.
Issues with your test recording
If your interview is failing to play back your test recording, check for a plugin notification in your address bar.
In Chrome, this will appear as a Puzzle Piece icon with a red X on the right side of the address bar. Click on this icon and select Run Flash this time
It is completely normal for your test recording to appear grainy when playing back. The video we send back to you is of lower quality than what hiring managers see from your interview.
3) Check your microphone and speakers settings
Sometimes your microphone or speakers are turned off or disabled.
Be sure that your computer has speakers or headphones, and double check that they can play audio. This is required for you to hear the interview questions.
A microphone is required to record the audio portion of your interview. Double check that your computer has a microphone and that it is enabled.
Take your video interview with our Mobile App
- Click on the link that started your interview from your phone.
- Enter your name and email if requested and complete any text questions for the interview.
- Voice Advantage will identify which device your have (iPhone or Android) and take you to the iTunes Store or Google Play Store to download that app. (This is the Launch Page)
- Install the app, but don't open it yet.
- Switch back to the Launch Page in the phone's browser.
- The Launch Page tells the app about your interview so it can record your answers.
- If you closed the browser before finishing, re-open the original interview link. You can continue until the interview is complete.
If you're still having problems, contact contact our support team via email@example.com